In July, CRA stated that it fired 20 of its staff for claiming COVID-19 advantages whereas nonetheless working on the tax authority. In March, CRA knowledgeable members of parliament in a written replace that it suspected 10 of its roughly 42,000 staff had obtained CERB funds whereas beneath the CRA make use of.
In February, the federal authorities additionally stated it fired 49 public employees who allegedly claimed CERB funds whereas they have been nonetheless employed by Ottawa.
Violations of Felony Code
The RCMP initiated an investigation after the CRA referred a file regarding Jensen Webb’s case to the mounties.
The RCMP issued a warrant of arrest for Webb in July and arrested her on Aug. 10. Jensen Webb was charged with:
- fraud over $5,000 opposite to part 380(1)(a) of the Felony Code
- possession of property obtained by crime over $5,000 opposite to part 355(a) of the Felony Code
- mischief in relation to pc knowledge opposite to part 430(5) of the Felony Code
- unauthorized use of pc to commit fraud opposite to part 342.1 of the Felony Code (x2)
- breach of belief by a public officer opposite to part 122 of the Felony Code (x2)
- offence with respect to confidential data opposite to part 239(2.2)(a) of the Earnings Tax Act.
The accused is scheduled to seem in Stony Plain Provincial Courtroom on Sept. 20, 2023.